5 Unique and Healthy Fruits That Will Replace Your Candy Runs
Sweet cravings can be so intense and strong at times where you can’t focus on anything else until you get your fix. This can cause one to binge on junk food and overeat.
However all hope is not lost, and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Here are 5 unique and healthy fruits that will replace your candy runs and help combat your sweet tooth.
1. Incorporating figs into your diet is a considerable way to quench your sweet tooth because they are a great source of fiber which helps you to feel full and satisfied longer. Figs also have other benefits from being rich in nutrients such as iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium which contribute towards optimal health and wellness.
Figs are low in calories and an excellent source of minerals and anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin A, E, and K. They also contain good levels of B-complex group vitamins which function as co-factors for the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
2. The next time you have a strong sweet tooth craving, munch on some goji berries. They are considered as one of the healing super foods due to their characteristics that help control and moderate our blood sugar levels and appetite.
They are high in fiber and provide a good source of chromium which promotes blood sugar control. Goji berries are also rich in several nutrients that aid in the process of converting food into energy rather than storing it as fat.
3. Mangosteen not only helps curb your sweet tooth, but it also helps control your appetite and is often referred to as the queen of fruits. It is packed with potent antioxidants and immune system boosters that possess a variety of beneficial medicinal properties.
This super fruit contains natural compounds that have higher antioxidant potency levels than vitamin C and E. It also has cardio-protective properties to help protect the heart, and it helps stabilize blood sugar levels and lower blood pressure.
4. Incorporating pomegranates into your diet will help curve your cravings and hunger due to the high levels of fiber and vitamin C it contains. They are packed with potassium and antioxidants that help protect against high blood pressure.
Pomegranates also help sustain a healthy digestive system, and its anti-inflammatory compounds aid in boosting immunity which help protect against common illnesses and infections.
5. The acai berry is one of the healthiest berries out there. They contain powerful detoxification capacities and are a well-known source of fiber which help balance cravings. Acai is very high in Vitamin C and ellagic acid, which is an effective immune system boosting combination that provides various health benefits to the body, including resistance to harmful organisms.
Acai promotes heart and skin health, aids in weight loss and digestion, improves cellular health, and even encompasses anti-aging properties.
If you want to gain control over your sweet cravings, pick up these super fruits on your next trip to the grocery store. Your body will thank you and your teeth will too.
In addition to eating healthy fruits, you can also eat healthy foods that are prepared and conveniently delivered to your home. Curb your cravings, eat healthier and live better by ordering a meal delivery service. Your bod and taste buds will be glad that you did.