Paleo Pumpkin Custard
Fall has officially set in! The air is a bit more crisp, seasonal vegetables dishes are thriving, and pumpkin spice is everywhere. For the pumpkin lovers out there (or even those who aren’t such fans), we’ve got a quick and healthy dessert for you.
This paleo pumpkin custard is the perfect dessert to make for a potluck, dinner party, or if you are simply craving something a little sweet and seasonal. Pro tip: you could even eat this for a snack or breakfast!
Benefits of pumpkin
That pumpkin spice latte or pumpkin pie is certainly not paleo, but plain pumpkin certainly is! Pumpkin is extremely high in vitamin A, iron, zinc, and beta-carotene. Pumpkins also have more potassium than bananas!
- 1 can organic canned pumpkin
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp collagen powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Optional: ¼ tsp pure stevia extract
- Simply heat up the pumpkin, coconut milk, and spices in a pot on low. Remove from heat.
- Mix the collagen and water well (no clumps), add to the pot and whisk.
- Pour the mixture into small glass mason jars with lids and refrigerate until firm.
This recipe is such a win! Paleo, gluten free, and vegan! With protein, healthy fats, and minimal sugar..can’t go wrong here. It is so quick and easy, and requires minimal ingredients! And for when you just don’t feel like cooking, think about our meal delivery service (we have some great sweet treat options, too!). Take a look here.